Saturday, May 4, 2019

Nearly a Year

It's been nearly a year.


My creativity only carries
through in small 
passages,

Refusing to go beyond 
a full page.

It could be due to several reasons: 
exhaustion, laziness, disinterest. 


The question hung over me
day after day,

Until last night, while seeking
a poem to share;

A lengthy one, unlike the limitless
short form pieces I keep.

I notice the last time I wrote 
a poem with length 

Was back in August, while 
grieving over my friend's loss. 


Emotions flowed 
over the page that day,

My written words expressing 
the anguish my voice could not.

She always encouraged me 
to create, to write, to share.

Her absence has been felt
each passing day.


I eventually found a piece 
to share last night:

A poem about friendships,
and the sudden shifts in life.

It felt so good to share again.


I feels so good to write again. 


05/04/2019

No comments:

Post a Comment